Fender Bender?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys/gals,
I have a '79 Schwinn Cruiser I am almost done "restoring." I have added an after market set of chrome fenders and want to add my front break. The rear Atom just doesn't stop it fast enough. The fender is a little wide for the front break to clear and work properly.

Any ideas on how best to indent/crimp the fender so the front break will fit properly? I really want to avoid cutting the fender.

Thanks... LS

I had good results , opening a vice the size I want the indention. Laying the side on the vice and then tapping the dent into the open part with a ball peine hammer. I hope that makes sense , because after reading it ,I'm not sure.

Uncle Stretch said:
I had good results , opening a vice the size I want the indention. Laying the side on the vice and then tapping the dent into the open part with a ball peine hammer. I hope that makes sense , because after reading it ,I'm not sure.

i do it the same way, but use a railroad dolly instead of a vise..

Uncle Stretch said:
Great idea, I love it. Not sure what a railroad dolly is and how it may differ than a vice. I am going to do some bending this weekend. :D

Lead Sled said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Great idea, I love it. Not sure what a railroad dolly is and how it may differ than a vice. I am going to do some bending this weekend. :D

railroad dolly...

105.gif

Latest posts

Back