Fender Chain Clearance

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a front fender that I want to make a rear stubby fender, what clever ideas do you all have to recreated the indention that helps to clear the chian like in the picture below

41-zMDMI-eL.jpg

Those cheap fenders are usually so flimsy, I just bend it in with my fingers. But if you want it to look nicer, cut a block of wood out of another block of wood. Put the smaller block on the outside, the larger piece on the inside. Put it all in a vice and squeeze it. The wood removed by the saw will be a little more than the thickness of the metal, and should let it all go into shape. Effectively, put the wood block back together while the metal is inside. If that makes sense... sorry I don't have a pic or diagram.

Those cheap fenders are usually so flimsy, I just bend it in with my fingers. But if you want it to look nicer, cut a block of wood out of another block of wood. Put the smaller block on the outside, the larger piece on the inside. Put it all in a vice and squeeze it. The wood removed by the saw will be a little more than the thickness of the metal, and should let it all go into shape. Effectively, put the wood block back together while the metal is inside. If that makes sense... sorry I don't have a pic or diagram.

I had thought of that method but wanted to see what other options existed but looks like that will be it.

Back