Fender Drag-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just completed a BSA project- 26" to 700c conversion-
Everything fits well enough to work with, however, the tail of the rear fender likes to hug the tire- not bad, in fact it's pretty nice, but, there is some catching-
any thoughts? I was considering fastening a piece of industrial felt with the reflector screw to pad the drag-

Are the fender braces universal (oval shaped slotted hole instead of a round hole) if so you may just need to push the rear brace out a little further.

Any kind of drag would probably annoy me so i would try to push the fender out, or you could "bob" it if you dont mind a change in the looks.

if the fender struts mount on the axle, cut the hole to create a slot (maybe just cut the end off to create an open ended slot)

round mounting holes-
no brace mounted so fender rests on tire
perhaps drill to move the brace mount point on the fender?
It looks great without the brace...

Have you got a picture of the bike so we can see how its set up ? Most universal fender sets mount to the axle, but a lot of your factory bikes had fenders that mounted onto the dropouts above and behind the the axle. Some fenders are just meant to mount differently though, so its hard to tell without a picture.

factory fender- mounts behind axle-
I removed and cut off the extra length on the reflector screw, but ended up taking it off all together
just reshaped the fender-
all seems to be go-
now it is up to how much noise my wife minds- it is for her.

Latest posts

Back