fenders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
every time I try it someone rolls it off a curb and bends the tail and i have to shorten it up.... :roll:

Here is mine....
blackbike004-2.jpg

blackrat015.jpg

blackbike023.jpg

nothing fancy just cut up a extra fender and bolted it on
I do have to be careful with potholes and not so many bunny hops over curbs :wink:

Fenders that wrap around the tires are cool, IMO. They can be a pain though, in that they can be trashed by curbs and dips in the sidewalk/street, this is my third attempt at a rear wrap around fender on the "Beer Bike".
They also can be a problem when changing/fixing the tire, on this bike its a 24 x 3. On the "Beer bike" to remove the wheel I must remove the fender and wheel together because it wraps around in the front and back of the tire, let the air out of the tire and remove the fender brace, to get the wheel out of the fender, but I think its worth the trouble. My wrap around fender is two fenders rivited together on the front side of the fender.
bikes016.jpg

yeah i was thinkin that route ...but my ol lady didnt like the look ...she likes the dragger look ....thnx for postin thou...ill do that on a differnt bike !!!

Thanks, that fender is a 1937 gothic rear fender, cut off the bolt tab, staightened out the bend for the chaingaurd and drilled a new mounting hole.

It's a mix from 2.
The blend is under the frame.
We had to shorten the metal bars also to fit.

Here the side view.
IMG_8372.jpg

Latest posts

Back