Few projects of mine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes! Its spring at last, and weather is finally cruisable here in Finland too!
I´ve been slowly working on couple cruisers for my wife and my self. Oh, and one musclebike just for fun.
Today i figure out, how to add some bling to my ratty cruisers boring chainring, with minimal budjet.
I went to local hobbyshop, and bought some d-c-fix self-adhesive sheets. Works like a dream and cheap as potatoes!
Ratas1.jpg

Ratas.jpg

Tsyg%C3%A4.jpg

Next my cruiser needs malta cross stylee pedals (Darn expensive!! 60-100€ :shock: ), and maybe, just maybe matta black spring fork? I´m not sure yet. What do you think?

Here´s pics from my wife´s elektra from weirdish angle:
Takaa2.jpg

And this badboy. 22" Tunturi VIP frame, in original condition. Flake painting and stuff. It´s fun to ride too!
2341265222_1283240e3b.jpg

2341265928_56313a39a6.jpg

Thanx for exelent and inspiring forum. It´s nice to see this good spirit and supporting atmosphere. It´s inspiring! (This is internet after all :p )

Nice Rides! Your cruiseris an improvement over the stock bike! It should be named "Back in Black!" :lol: :lol:
L8 EM

Pretty sweet herd you got there.. is the black bike an Electra?

FaceOFFbikes said:
Pretty sweet herd you got there.. is the black bike an Electra?

Yep. Its elektra rally sport, wich some teenager was selling silly cheap. Never serviced, or nothing. Bit rusty and stuff, but very fixable.
So it was perfect base to start with.

Oh, and maybe i explained poorly about that Tunturi vip. Frame and fork, is original (condition). Rest is me.

I woke up last night, and bang! Now it got eyes on it. She´s called the black widow now :D
2456198191_77f84fc415.jpg

Could not find proper pedals on this, and those cross-style pedals are just so over my budjet, so i painted bulk BMX-pedals in red.
Cant wait them to dry.....dddrrryyyy already!!!

I like your style. So many of us, including me, get stuck in the rut of powder and chrome. It's nice to see decal work and how effective the images can be on the total package. Very nice.

Ok i have to force my self to realize, it´s done. I have used it a lot, and ohmygood it´s sweet ride! You pedal it once, and
it rolls forever! And all the boys goes like "Whoah!" And all the girls goes like "Grow up all ready, grown man!" Love it!
2461303358_cf508db6b2.jpg

Now i have to find new frame somewhere. The madness is growing strong inside of me!

Tought i share this with you.
Finally had this 7-speed thingy in my bike. I did not like bare black shifter cable, so i went to local rockclimbing shop and bought some
climbing rope, removed inside and only used outer "sock"of it.
Tadaa!
Piuha.jpg

wow you find all sorts of great ideas. way to go. love your muscle bike, looks similar to my Eliminator beater

Jazmanaut said:
Tought i share this with you.
Finally had this 7-speed thingy in my bike. I did not like bare black shifter cable, so i went to local rockclimbing shop and bought some
climbing rope, removed inside and only used outer "sock"of it.
Tadaa!
Piuha.jpg
What a neato idea!!!
Love it!

You put a Nexus 7-speed in it?

Oh it´s finally summer here in Finland too and time to fix some tires again! I bought this rusty and all rotten Danish or Norwegian made Record/Combi bike from fleamarket.
Sanded and cleaned it and painted the frame all cream white. All chrome parts i painted as copper/bronce kinda paint, tho it looks more like gold in these pictures.
It was fun and easy project, and my friend who i gave it was very pleased girl indeed.
One harder thing i come cross, was that breaks were all worn up and 22" backtire is near to impossible to find, at least here in Finland. So i opened up whole thing, took metalfile and scarwed new grips around brakedrum and it works suprisingly fine :shock:

Py%C3%B6r%C3%A41.jpg

Py%C3%B6r%C3%A42.jpg

Py%C3%B6r%C3%A43.jpg

Back