few questions regarding my build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, new here.have a few questions on my build.

Ive got a micargi 3 speed cruiser im workin with.my questions are-im interested in adding a engine kit to it, I would like to remove the crank in the bike and just have it engine powered, is there a way to use the 3 speed hub with the engine? Also it has a coaster brake, id assume that you cant use a coaster brake with an engine anyway? Thus another reason I want the crank and pedals gone.

Also what size tire is everyone using to get the old motorcycle look? Ive got normal 26 rims, would like a wide tire but on a skinny rim for now.

Also if it is possible to use the 3 speed hub, how can I make a type of jocky shift out of the grip shifter it has? Lookin for somethin lime the old sting ray shifter.very tight budget here also

What if the bar was cut shorter and just drill the shift grip through, no need to glue a pvc cap on then.

But im still confused as to of its even posible to use the 3 speed hub/gears with an engine. Im assuming addinga front disc brake and removing the coaster brake.then running a type of gear/pully to convert the engine from left hand drive to right.I just dont like the look of 2 chains and a set of pedals

Latest posts

Back