finally got one

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F
spacelinerandjobs031.jpg
finally got a spaceliner, now to start RATTIN!!!

I hate to be the needle in your balloon, but that is not necessarily a Spaceliner. Murray used that frame for many other bikes as well. The "502" in the serial number would increase the possibility, but you need that, and chrome under the paint to be sure it is indeed a Spaceliner. They're very popular frames, nonetheless. :D

They are sweet frames. You really can go to town on them.
Here's my starting point:
100_2226.jpg

And the finished product:
one.jpg

Good luck with it .

partsguy said:
I hate to be the needle in your balloon, but that is not necessarily a Spaceliner. Murray used that frame for many other bikes as well. The "502" in the serial number would increase the possibility, but you need that, and chrome under the paint to be sure it is indeed a Spaceliner. They're very popular frames, nonetheless. :D

His chainring looks like it has the mounting holes for the Spaceliner sprocket cover :wink: I'll be the patch in his tire and propose it is indeed a Spaceliner.

Also, I have a few Spaceliner parts if you're looking to use some original parts for your build. I have a rear fender, chainguard, and carrier from the Western Flyer version of the bike.

Jpromo said:
partsguy said:

His chainring looks like it has the mounting holes for the Spaceliner sprocket cover :wink: I'll be the patch in his tire and propose it is indeed a Spaceliner.

I've seen Western Flyers with those hubs as well. As I first said, the serial number will decide.

Spaceliners ROCK!!!

Back