Finally here to build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I've been watching the site for years. Finding information and watching the build off in an irregular fashion. Like many here, as a kid we used to build wild bikes. Some had one off scratch built frames. We had fun making what we could and I've always loved riding bikes.

I've maybe gotten a little boring over the years. Tried getting back into bikes a few years back with bike polo but that was short lived. Getting back into it now riding to work, starting to hit the mountain bike trails, and I have littles growing up and learning to ride.

I'm not one to buy new bikes. They may ride nice but lack some character and style. I've always been influenced by 60-70s show cars Ed Roth, Darryl Starbird, Barris, etc... choppers and custom vans. Been dragging some old frames around with me for "someday" builds. Lately I've been getting out hitting the bike paths and trails and enjoying it. My mountain bike is a 90s Bridgestone and I'm looking to build a proper Klunker to hang off my 70s van.

While digging in the shed I stumbled on an old frame I forgot I had. It hit the sunlight and I got an idea knowing the current build off had started. So here I am joining up taking on a build. I think I'll call it Escalation!

Attachments

• IMG_20240522_174731550.jpg
    IMG_20240522_174731550.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 10
Back