Finally!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first big boy bike! Its a 1975 Honda CB 750. I've been looking for a dirt cheap, complete one with a title for the last couple years, and have had no luck. Either too pricey, or too much of a basket case to be worth it, but yesterday, I finally picked one up! $200 for a titled, nearly complete CB 750! All its missing is carbs, a seat, and gauges. I know the front disc needs to be rebuilt, and it'll need re-wiring, too. The guy I bought it off seems pretty legit. He bought it to build it into a cafe racer, which is pretty much what I want to do with it. He had it running last year, but it had electrical problems, so he started taking it apart. But then he had a kid, and it got pushed to the side, and then he just wanted to get rid of it. So now I've got a project for next spring! Here's a few pics from when it was still loaded on my truck. :mrgreen:
DSCN0170.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

thats my all time favorite :D i liked the earlier tank styles a little better, but beggars cant be choosers and at $200 for a good project bike :shock: you made out like a bandit with an awesome m/c !!!

ps, good luck on tuning the carbsss

enjoy and be safe

nice

that things just screaming "i wanna be a cafe racer!" :)

cr1.jpg

cb750cafe2.jpg

CRB6.jpg

what ya gonna do to it?

^^^ You called it. Simple cafe racer: solo seat, drag bars, round gauges, maybe a small front fairing if I can find one I like. I've been spending a lot of time looking at http://cb750cafe.com for inspiration. I love the look of the top photo you posted, the heat wrapped pipes and flat paint. That looks about perfect! Thanks!

Looks like a fun project and a little more complete than my 72 Triumph chopper project, that cafe look is sweet.I wanted to do more of a bobber but this chopper fell into my lap and this thing is at least 8 foot long but the engine is a basket case and missing a trans....so it will probably sit another twenty years unless a finally hits me....such as (farmer) "yeah my son bought it brand new,had it three months then went to Nam...never came back....ah heck gimme 50 bucks for it".....we can only wish!

My first love as far as motorcycles was a 67(if I remember right?) Bonnie chopper that a buddy of mine's dad had when we were growing up. Totally 70s, super cheesy metal flake paint job, sporty tank, huge sissy bar, raked fork... I wonder whatever happened to that thing. I haven't seen it (or my buddy) in probably 20 years. Still one of the coolest bikes I've ever seen! Good luck with yours!

Not exactly a finally, but it may work for a quick turn around, I just got back from picking up some donations for our transitional shelter (homeless shelter for people trying to get back on they're feet) it turns out a lady passed away in this trailer that this stuff came from and of course I had to ask about the car in the carport with vines starting to grow over the top and as I was looking at it the neighbor is yelling something about it just got tuned up before she passed on and the lady who is taking care of the estate said I could have it for $300 so needless to say the gears are spinning.....oh the car is a 85 300zx bright red T Tops not a ding or rust on it tan interior has a couple tears in the seat....so now to find some money :)

the first pic is one of my fav's also.

same guy made/owns the first and last bike pictured.
when i bought my big bear (2 stroke 305) i'd planned on turning it into a cafe racer.
figured i'd set the original pipes,bars,rear fender,seat aside for safe keeping. throw on cafe bars,seat, custom rear fender and pipes.
got about as far as the bars.lol
IMG_0508_2.jpg

i since found this little yami twin (100cc 2 stroke) got it dirt cheap. :)
IMG_1973.jpg

guess the make pretty decent little cafe bikes for throwing around the track, and goofing off.
yamaha-yl1.jpg

i just love the vintage stylings and simplisity of old cafe racers.

Wow! Your Yami twin cafe is awesome! A buddy of mine collects Honda Dreams, and your bike makes me want to see what one of those would look like done up cafe style!

good start to a project even better that its a honda real easy to work on

And again! Just scored a running 1982 Kawi KZ440 off CL. It was too cheap to turn down. The guy needed to buy christmas presents for his kids, so I guess me making him a ridiculously low offer was actually a good deed, right? :D I think the best thing about this bike is that it fits easily in the back of my short bed truck!
DSCN0216.jpg

Back