finally!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After searching craigslist for a couple of months i finally found my bike. every thing listed before was more than i wanted to pay or got scooped up before i could get it. so then there was a listing for a bunch of bikes for sale with no specifics or pics. i called the guy and made sure he had some classic cruisers before i made the half hour drive. this guy had some great stuff including a vintage rollfast. of course i wanted them all, but settled for this 91 murray for $40. i still thinking about going back for that rolfat. :)

it's certainly no treasure, but i wanted a cantilever and this was in good shape and decent price.
DSC00892.jpg

DSC00895-1.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

the sprocket and chain are pretty rusty.
DSC00894.jpg

i cant wait to get started on this thing. ive got the design all drawn up. im still tryin to decide on a name. stay tuned. 8)

awesome. looks like murray's are makin a comeback. :)

speaking of which... i scored an 89 murray last night for free. im gonna post another thread when i can get some pics. it has a funny story to go with it.

Nice find a perfect base to build from.

Rat Rod said:
That's cool...and ironic...I just sold an 87 Murray to a guy for $60 about 20 minutes ago.

I hope you kept the fork.

How do you find the date on a Murray? I just got a girl's murray at a yard sale last week, just like Rat Rod sold.

well... both of the murrays that i have aquired had the stickers on the head tube with the date on it. i know the 89 is accurate but not sure about the 91... i havent bothered to check the serial number yet.

ahhhh... i cant wait to start this build.

got some new part today from choppersus.com

all rat rods should be equipped with rat traps...
DSC01051.jpg

the perfect sprocket for me...
DSC01052.jpg

Mr. Farrell said:
great!! i started wondering about the mounting method. i figured it would be something like that.
yeah, basically drill holes in the frame and mount it on
i dont know if it will work good with the squared frame, but im sure theres a way

Latest posts

Back