Find of the century.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have any pics of it yet and won't make the trip to get it until Dec. but, my wifes cousin has been digging their family barns as they heard I was into old bikes. They dug out a 1915 Excelsior with only barn dust on it. no rust. It is in southern Mississippi. It belonged to her great uncle who is 95 years old. He got it for his 7th birthday. Planning a trip in December as they promised to fill my full sized van with old bikes. I am beside myself at what might possible be found. They have all been stored. God bless them and give me a safe trip there and back as I bring home the Excelsior and any other ones they dug up. Can't wait.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Can't wait to see it :shock:

i have no idea what a 1915 excelsior looks like but im waiting for pics! i hope you have a safe trip in december.
i cant wait either!lol

I believe Schwinn bought out Excelsior pretty early and used the name for a few before completely snuffing them out.

Looks like you choose the right wife :) The possibilities are endless you be interesting to see what you come up with keep us posted...

You never know there might be an Elgin Bluebird in there......or a Harley Davidson......or a Wal-Mart Huffy...... :lol:

There was an Excelsior bike company right here in my hometown of Michigan City, IN. that was not part of Schwinn whatsoever, although for some reason shared similar headbadges on some models, the only difference was that the Schwinn Excelsiors headbadge reads "made in Chicago, ill" and the ones made here read "Michigan City, In" There has been a lot of confusion about these bikes and it's something to look out for. just a heads up.

I can't wait to see pics!!!!

Yea, believe me, there will be pics. Especially some of me with a grin bigger than Texas on my face. And even if I do drive all that way and only get a Wal-Mart Huffy, I don't have one yet. lol. I will keep you posted on what the family is digging up in their barns. But, 100% sure there is at least the Excelsior so, that gets me up every morning with a grin. In just over a month she is coming home to my warm heat controlled room for me to drool over and clean and polish. Museums will faint probably if it really is what they say it is and I email them pics of it. lol. Thanks guys.

Yeah man what's the latest? You can also come pick through my shed on the way there or back, maybe do some more swapping? :mrgreen:

Making the trip in April due to my job. I can't leave during the winter months. Still picking up the Excelsior and nearby is a barn owned by a bike collector and restorer. Inside are up to 25 bikes, most tank bikes probably 40's or 50's era. Parts hanging from the walls and rafters. I bought the lot sight unseen for $200. Beating an estate sale next summer as well. I am pretty stoke and ready for spring. That will pretty much get my bike business going.

ckdesigns69 said:
Still picking up the Excelsior and nearby is a barn owned by a bike collector and restorer. Inside are up to 25 bikes, most tank bikes probably 40's or 50's era. Parts hanging from the walls and rafters. I bought the lot sight unseen for $200.

:shock: :shock: :shock: sounds like the deal of a lifetime :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back