finding year of this huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off hey all new here (and looks like a place i wanna hang) but anyway i just picked up this old huffy I'm trying to find out a year and was told this might be the best place to ask (been all over the internet) and because it's not a schwinn it's almost imposible, but anyway i've been told by another collector that he thinks it's from the 40's. From what i'm told huffy used the first number of the serial number as the last number of the year it was made (mine is a 3) which going by him would make it a 1943 but i'm pretty sure huffy didn't switch from huffman to huffy untill like 1949 or 1950 so i'm thinking it's a 1953 heck maybe a 1963 but if anyone has any info that might help me let me know...thanks

huffyside.jpg

Nice bike, Looks to be old by the rear dropouts so pre 1950. Somebody else probably has a better idea. Is that all original?

Post an intro in the first section. Welcome to the board.

yeah um... that bikes really old kinda worn out .. i'll send you my address and you can dispose of it in my hands!

love its in really great shape ... but i gots no clue on the year...

Probably 1953.

"In 1949, Huffy developed the Huffy Convertible, a children's bicycle with rear training wheels and attached foot steps. The Convertible revolutionised the children's bicycle market and was the first Huffy bicycle to be marketed under the Huffy brand name. In 1953, a Huffy logo was created and Huffy decided to switch all of its bicycles to the new Huffy brand name."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huffy

Memory lane has one they sold ($995) on their bike page
http://www.memorylane-classics.com/imag ... rtable.JPG

Great find, Google search Huffy Convertible and quite a bit comes up.

hey bro glad to see you made it to the best rat rod bike group in the world(shameless plug in hopes my trike makes it on main page pic) :mrgreen:

you'll spend days and days going through old post but it is well worth it

Back