Finds outside of LA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks just like the sidewinder I recently finished! Which looks like a king sting. And the sidewinder frame was indistinguishable from a varsity frame. Seemed like maybe the sidewinder bottom bracket was slightly elevated compared to varsity??? But I didn’t take any measurements.

I have the decals for your fork. Bought them from velocals before they went out of business. Possibly their last order. Anyways they sent me an extra set. Will give you a deal if you want them. Or interesting trade.
I’ll buy the decals if you are willing to let go.

I’ll buy the decals if you are willing to let go.
I’m definitely doing the Varsity like a King Sting. I installed an old Araya 7X wheel set with a new Shimano 7C rear hub and it’s not working well. This is my first time using one and it’s a good chance I did something wrong. It slips in and out of gears. I could use a bit of advice.

I’m definitely doing the Varsity like a King Sting. I installed an old Araya 7X wheel set with a new Shimano 7C rear hub and it’s not working well. This is my first time using one and it’s a good chance I did something wrong. It slips in and out of gears. I could use a bit of advice.
Sounds like a cool project, but unfortunately, i can’t hep you on this!!!! - However, if you snip some pics or do a quick video of the problem and post it under the ‘how to’ page in the forum, someone Will help you sort it out!

Nice finds I've seen Ashtabula forks like that but not in chrome.
Knew I had the picture somewhere... Found it. Guy still has most of them.
Screenshot_20230531-143527.png

Latest posts

Back