FINISHED!!!...30s Aero Flyer Board Tracker...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I bought this pre-war Aero Flyer at a swapmeet...great townie rider until...haha, my son, el duderino swiped the Arnold Schwinn front hub...it's been sitting in my garage for over a year...time to have some fun...
flyer.jpg

I may need to swipe some parts from Mrs. Buckchocolate's Garden Art...
rrt1.jpg

I'm not too mechanically inclined, so for me this will be more of an "Art Project"...I love the old "Board Track Style" and I really dig the rusty, grimey "as found" survivors...these pics will be my inspiration...
excelsior.jpg

ps2.jpg

ps1.jpg

work-in progress...here' the start...
rat1.jpg

rrb3.jpg

the bars and the truss-rods are from Mrs Buckchocolate's garden bike...I swiped the seat from el duderino (fair is fair)
pretty much working with "What I Have"...I don't want to put much money in it...more to come...Kevin

Re: 30s Aero Flyer Board Tracker...

today's work was fun with Vinegar, 3 IN 1 Oil and Friction Tape...also a New # Plate (can you guess what we used)...lucky for me I had an exact match from my limited supply of spray paint (rear fender)...will be keeping an eye on my mailbox this week for some Duro Black Bricks from fellow member Chimichanga...stay tuned...
vike5.jpg

vike6.jpg

vike9.jpg

vike8.jpg

vike7.jpg

vike3.jpg

I love how you put the truss rods into the handlebars. Neat touch! Nixes some adjustment but looks mean 8)

NEW Skins today in the mail from forum member "chimichanga" (LOW prices...super-FAST shipping!!!)...Duro Bricks, couldn't wait to put them on...next task will be to age them some, prolly this weekend...

brick5.jpg

man you should have traded me for my crusty stem, cause yours is too clean for that build mate..
i need a clean one :lol:

Nice! 8) Best looking boardtracker I've seen here in a while :wink:

Iven, next time I'll contact you!...I love everything CRUSTY!..."You just can't buy patina like this anymore"...THANKS for the props VW720, BAMABILL,SCHWINNRAY69 ...

This is one of the nicer bikes I've seen.....BTRs are my favorite design! This one is beautiful!

OK, now spill your guts about how you got that look with the friction tape....I gotta know! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oooo, that's sharp. I like how trusses go through bars. I never would have thought of that. Rear 3/4 view photo is my favorite

Talk about nailing the VINTAGE [actually raced] board tracker racer WOW :shock:

Back