Finished build threads

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Awesome

Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Admin
Pro Member
Reaction score
You will need to start a new thread for your build in the appropriate Class 1 or 2 finished bikes area using the name of your bike build, then add photos, highlights of the build, a link to your build thread, etc.

Remember, the FIRST thing in your finished thread must be THE photo you would like used for judging in the Voting Thread.

No finished thread means you will not be eligible for voting so don't miss this crucial step

So close!!!

IMG_1743.gif
IMG_1748.gif

62 BUILDS COMPLETED!!!!!!
BRAVO!!!

Why are the build threads locked down along with the finished threads?
Did I miss a new rule?
They always get locked at the same time

This gives the person who is doing all of the tabulating and building the poll a chance to work in peace so when he is going back-and-forth between the different sub forums, everything isn’t moving with responses. It’s much easier to just work straight down the list and make sure that you have everything captured. We will open them back up for commenting as soon as he has his work done, just as we have in the previous years.

They always get locked at the same time

This gives the person who is doing all of the tabulating and building the poll a chance to work in peace so when he is going back-and-forth between the different sub forums, everything isn’t moving with responses. It’s much easier to just work straight down the list and make sure that you have everything captured. We will open them back up for commenting as soon as he has his work done, just as we have in the previous years.
Trust me I appreciate it

Voting threads are still being built up. I would suggest not voting or trying to post on them until completed

Voting threads are still being built up. I would suggest not voting or trying to post on them until completed
They appear to be live now, but I still can't make selections. This has happened for the past several build-offs. Anyone else having trouble?

They appear to be live now, but I still can't make selections. This has happened for the past several build-offs. Anyone else having trouble?

It's not live just yet. It is still being tweaked

I believe that both Class 1 and Class 2 Voting Polls are open now!!!
They both run until sometime on Tuesday August 8th. You can see the endtime at the bottom of each Poll

They were not live previously. They were locked while we tweaked the edits

As far “issues” we only had that one time in the past 3 years I know of (while I’ve been on staff) and that was a simple toggle error that caused us to have to reset the polls

Yeah...I remember The Great Reset. But, I wasn't locked out for that--just had to re-submit my choices.

Meanwhile, build #3 in Class 2 voting is missing a space before the hyperlink, rendering it non-functional.

Yeah...I remember The Great Reset. But, I wasn't locked out for that--just had to re-submit my choices.

Meanwhile, build #3 in Class 2 voting is missing a space before the hyperlink, rendering it non-functional.
All fixed while collecting links for 62 builds photos,creating 2 polls double checking those polls making sure they are numbered right and everything is there and while our notifications are going off telling us there not working all while working (yes some were trying to help while working) must have missed a space.

This was never a condemnation. Simply pointing out errors when I stumble on them, so you don't have to hunt We all understand that voting prep is an extraordinarily hectic time--your work is appreciated!
We appreciate everyone and their efforts

It is in fact a chaotic time. At one point I had 37 notifications and 9 private messages and I had only been offline for about 20 minutes. 😳😂 Fast and furious was the pace

We learn from each experience and will take what we learn and try to look for ways to shape and apply it better in the future. Possibly look to build everything behind the curtain and then move it out into the sunlight after all the due diligence. Just have to figure out the best way as some of the forum code when it comes to polls is a non starter. Once it’s created the clock starts on the timer for shutdown

Thank you to all the admins, this was a really fun and (from my perspective ) smooth experience start to finish.

Speaking of finishes. Where are our original build threads going to be located? I see our finished build threads, but not the originals. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back