Firebolt baby!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was out riding one of my bikes in the alley the other day and my neighbor that lives behind me asked if i would be interested in buying an old bike he had in the attic. of course i said yes. so he goes inside his house for about 15 minutes and then he rolls a 1961 columbia firebolt out of his back door. trying to maintain my "poker face" i asked him how much he wanted for it. he said that he'd take $15. obviously i'm ecstatic at this point, but trying not to seem too eager i looked the bike over for a few minutes and asked if he would take $10, he agreed. so i calmly gave him the cash and rolled the bike into my yard and shut the gate to my privacy fence and then proceeded to start breakdancing(i didn't even know i could). so, whoo hoo! here's a pic of my find, i added the lights and the hub caps but the rest of the bike is the way i received it. i smell a new project cookin.....

firebolt.jpg

Sweet Score, Firebolts are cool bikes with the built-in rack. Heres a picture of mine. Its missing the ft fender and tank but other than that its all there.
DSCN0159.jpg

DSCN0160.jpg

yeah, i was really lucky to get this one. now if i can only find the tank and chaingaurd... anybody? tank, chaingaurd? anybody?

killer find!!! i commend you on your ability to maintain a poker face thru the negotiations (and you even knocked it down to $10... NICE!!!). never saw the built in rack feature b4, and i like it. makes me wonder why more didn't do that back then.

I should call you Francis, 'cause you are a bike theif :lol:
What are those hubcaps & where did you find them? They look like mini '57 Plymouth caps.

It's one of the least oddball guards to come on a Columbia coaster bike. You'd think if the fenders were there, it would be as well. Maybe they just want to show that beautiful big sprocket.

Wasn't there a past buildoff bike w/this frame? Baby blue & white...no clue what the name was or who built it, very nice bike as I recall...

speaking of build offs... i wish i'd got my hands on this bike a month ago. my build off entry might have gone in a completely different direction. and now that i have this it's distracting me from my Greaser bike in the RRBBO4. oh well, still plenty of time left to finish that one.

i don't know who makes the hub caps and i have no clue how old they are(pretty old i'm betting). i do know that i got them off ebay for 20 bucks and i was the only one that bid.

it is a big beautiful sprocket isn't it 8)

Back