FIREMAN'S TEXAS BMX CRUISERS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But pretty expensive though right?

$900 for a complete bike...I think I like the Skull Skate model or the SE Racing ones better.

I guess I'd have to see one in person.

Rat Rod said:
But pretty expensive though right?

$900 for a complete bike...I think I like the Skull Skate model or the SE Racing ones better.

I guess I'd have to see one in person.

There's a complete on ebay right now for around $500. It's also a early non-loop one like what I have. It also has very good components.

Not to take anything away from the Skull Skates or the OM Flyer.

Just a little FYI, SE will be doing a 29 inch PK Ripper. Follow the link for more info.....

http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index.php?showtopic=27008360&st=0

Don't know about the Skull Skates, but I'm pretty certain the SE bikes are Chinese. The Texas bikes are American made, which might help explain the price difference.

I got mine in January....worth the big bucks! Love it. Had it out today. SE OM Flyers are made in China. The Skull Skates bike would be next if I had the extra cash. This bike will have to do for now. Is it really so expensive for something that hold its value and will likely still be rideable in 30 years? There are guys spending 10 times that for carbon road race bikes they will dismiss in 2 years.

Anyways, anybody in the Toronto area who wants to see it in person is always welcome. Just gotta wait until spring finally arrives.

hummingbirdscc said:
I got mine in January....worth the big bucks! Love it. Had it out today. SE OM Flyers are made in China. The Skull Skates bike would be next if I had the extra cash. This bike will have to do for now. Is it really so expensive for something that hold its value and will likely still be rideable in 30 years? There are guys spending 10 times that for carbon road race bikes they will dismiss in 2 years.

Anyways, anybody in the Toronto area who wants to see it in person is always welcome. Just gotta wait until spring finally arrives.

Pretty cool hearing that one made it from Austin up to Toronto.

Let us know when you have pics. :D

Back