Firestone hodge podge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just picked this up. Yes its a miss match of parts but I dig the bike itself. What I do know is its a Firestone frame. Is there anyone who can show me what the chain guard for this frame "Should" look like?

100_4149_zps40cf0db0.jpg

100_4150_zps9bec2c91.jpg

100_4151_zps131d99bd.jpg

Very nice find. 8)

If you do a google search for 'Firestone Super Cruiser', you will find images of the bike with the correct chainguard. Looks like your bike currently has a Rollfast guard.

Sweet find!
If you look around here on rrb you'll see a gaggle of " mis-match " bikes.
It's the new black
LOOKS PERFECT TO ME! 8) :wink:

While your FRAME may be badged as a Firestone it is actually a Monark DeLuxe frame. Monark built bikes for Firestone back in the day so when Pops went to buy tires for the old Edsel,Junior could beg for a cool new bike.Great starting point for you though...tanks were made for this bike & original parts are plentiful but rising in price as Monarks are becoming more & more popular...I have a half dozen of them or so...If you look on the bottom bracket there should be a small tag riveted to the bottom...post the serial number & we can see what year it is...hope this helps & good luck with your build...Pappy 8)

Cool find, I like it just the way it sits. Maybe some fatter tires or drop it on some 24x3's and it would be an awesome rat rod.

Your bike was built in 1952...Pappy 8)

Back