Firestone tanker and a Camelback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Picked these two from a CL ad today. As I recall Monark made the Firestone bikes, right? Forgot to check the serial number. As you can see it was pretty well stripped. I like it though, I think I'll put some parts on it and ride it like this for a while.
firestones008.jpg

firestones009.jpg

firestones010.jpg

The Camelback is a weird little creature. I can't find any badges or even a serial # anywhere. I did notice that is had the same dropouts as the Firestone, and that looks like a Monarch sprocket I believe. This thing is a hot rod!! 8) That big sprocket and what I believe is the old Bendix two speed, this thing will fly! Looks like it will clean up well too.

firestones004.jpg

firestones007.jpg

firestones006.jpg

I also got a neat seat for the Camelback in decent shape. If anybody has any info on either of these I would appreciate it!!

I believe I have the same bike as your new camelback. Mine is badged as a Monark Silverking. I think it is a 1957. Mine also has the 2 speed Bendix manual shift. I have always figured it was competition for the Schwinn Corvette.

Sweet finds! :D I agree, the guard goes on the Firestone :wink: :wink:

Latest posts

Back