First Ballooner Schwinn Multi Speed?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found this a few days ago and thought I would post. I think it is the first year Jaguar 3 speed. Appears all stock. The other S-2 is with it but for some reason they added a no name rim on the front. May sell or part out. Anyone know what it is worth? :D

54SchwinnJanuar2.jpg

54SchwinnJanuar1.jpg

schwinn1.jpg

schwinn2.jpg

Appears all correct other than the seat may have been changed.

schwinn1.jpg

I'll trade you a chrome frame 24" Ramshorn Murray Spyder for it...PM sent...P 8)

Rather just sell it. Really into 20" Freestyle BMX bikes right now.

Anyone know anything about these? I found an ad for one. Apparently the Jaguar eventually became a light weight later in the run.

I know a little bit... Schwinn made balloon Jaguars for about 3 years, 53, 54, 55. You are missing light, truss rods. correct seat, and correct cables for sure. On the other components I can't be sure. They are desirable to Schwinn die-hards, but not as valuable as an equipped tank bike for example. They come up from time to time on ebay. I have seen then sell from $50 to $500 depending on originality, completeness and condition. Yours is in heavily weathered condition, so value would not be top of range.

dougfisk said:
I know a little bit... Schwinn made balloon Jaguars for about 3 years, 53, 54, 55. You are missing light, truss rods. correct seat, and correct cables for sure. On the other components I can't be sure. They are desirable to Schwinn die-hards, but not as valuable as an equipped tank bike for example. They come up from time to time on ebay. I have seen then sell from $50 to $500 depending on originality, completeness and condition. Yours is in heavily weathered condition, so value would not top of range.

Thanks! I will move it to the For Sale section. I would be in the $300 range. Should part out for that range with S-2's and stuff.

Latest posts

Back