first Bike ID

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, im seeing all these muscle bikes and retro bike builds and one style bike in particular has me going back through my head to my very 1st bike, musta been 4-5 yrs old and it was my learn to ride bike,
The bike was called a Grandmaster, not sure if made by Healing, but they are an exact copy of the schwinn stingray, banana seat and 20 inch rims, at my guess it was my older brothers bike, It was 1975 and the bike was a hand me down from older bro Tony (7yrs older), it wasnt prehistoric, most parts,tyres and goose neck etc all were interchangeable with the newer Healing HMX 500....which at $255 brand new were too far out of our families range!
Just after info so I can try n hunt down a classic to really beef up the sentiment on these projects!
Even at just 5 yrs old I would get a shoe box and inside it was a small electric motor attached to a small sound reverberator and a single D-size battery, all hooked up and then the shoe box was sticky taped to the space between the bars, i'd connect the wires and the motor sound fired up and off I went around the street! all the other kids just looked in awe at me riding around on this cool bike with sound! ha ha ha !
Worth noting is I grew up in new zealand and now reside in australia as a fully fledged citizen, so the schwinn copy must of been rolled out across the world!
Would love to find one and do it up! cost wouldnt be an issue!
any info greatly appreciated, ive sat for an hr looking and cant find bugger all only the schwinn copies but the bike was definatly called a grandmaster!

Attachments

• !st bike.png
    !st bike.png
    301.5 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back