First Bike Post....... "The Inmate"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I built this bike I wanted to get that rusty, thugish, prisonboy feel. The bike was complete, but it was missing something.

From cruising these forums I found that last touch. In the Bicycle art thread someone posted some pinups on bikes clad with "life behind bars" underneath. That was it, the cherry on top.

I give you.....

"The Inmate"

_MG_3187.jpg

_MG_3171.jpg

_MG_3175.jpg

It's a Montgomery Ward Hawthorne, original sprocket and fenders. I was going to clean up the patina but after putting them on the bike I knew it had to stay. A 6 volt battery is hidden under the bandana to power the headlight. I don't know what the chainguard went to originally but I love the tucked fender look it gives the sprocket (kind of a led sled look). I have a few more bikes that just need to be photographed, hopefully I'll get them posted this weekend.

-MM

I seem to make out a bike in these photos...

'-)

afraid you'd be spotted by the fuzz out in daylight?

silhouette looks killer and I detect a faint shimmer off of the chainguard.

dude... the inmate = raw cool x 5000!!!!

you ever heard of the band Murder by Death? check out thier song "sometimes the line walks you" or the video on you tube. perfect theme song for this bike.

this is the second "prison" style bike i've seen on here... i think i might have to do one my self. :)

Nice looking bike!........ How's the post connected to the seat? Interested in knowing, that really sets that seat back!

I drilled a hole in the front of the seat and the seat post and just ran a bolt through it. I'm a tall guy and it's only a 24'' frame, it was the only way to keep it ridable without lifting the seat ridiculously high.

Back