First bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off and on I try to remember what my long gone first bike was. Not sure if anyone would know or tell by my description. Years I know I had it 79 to Probally 82. It was a banana seat bike. Color was a dark green. I know it had a slick on the rear cause I remember my mom buying me red knobby tires for it when everyone was getting bmx bikes and can remember taking it off. Had a standard front fork as in no springer. I'm thinking it was a huffy? Did huffy have a dark green color? Part of why I've been wondering is I've been kicking around a replica.

Well I had some nondiscript bike when I was 4 or 5. Learned to ride on it first. But the first bike I remember getting that was a "real" bike was a 5 speed Krate in '68 or '69. The time and year of bike is fuzzy . . because I know it had a '68 seat, but I'm pretty sure it had a front fender. It was new, from the Schwinn bike shop in Newark Delaware. I cannot find any childhood pictures of that bike. Maybe it was a '68 that had a fender added to it at the shop, maybe it had no fender , , maybe it was a '69 that the shop added a '68 seat ( less likely I believe ) . . but anyway . . Christmas '68 or '69 . . . brand new 5 speed Apple Krate !! I was king!! lol

Latest posts

Back