First blood...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here goes, though I might make a small thread about my project. First the disclaimers... Yes it's a cheap China engine, yep I read the sticky post.... Safety first and all that.
This one is a low budget first build. My primary goal is to have fun, finish it, perhaps ride a bit but most of all, finish up with something that looks nice and learn something on the path...

Still trying to learn how to weld =)

This is what I bought to start of with...

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
db2f7900ca1c9555a6055e825d700054.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, I really like that frame!

BTW, you can upload your pictures directly to your thread without using dropbox. Just clic 'Upload a File' next to the 'Post Reply' button.
Thanks! I'm struggling a bit with Tapatalk. Building bikes seems easier than this...
So when I upload through Tapatalk, they are my third party host?
Anyway, it worked when I edited my first post. Thanks again!

+1 on the frame...very cool.

Neat project!

Jason
The frame looks like it was designed to be motorized, I couldn't help myself =)
Here's a few more pictures...
Right now I'm waiting for the headlight from ebay.
Next up is to (patinate?) (English is not my mother tongue) the front fork and get started on the tank design.

I'm trying to figure out at way to transfer my logo (same as avatar) to the tank. I'd like to do something else than just spray paint it. Has anyone tried to etch a logo with 12V, salt water and vinegar? I've seen a lot of that on YouTube, mostly on knifes =)

(Watching these pictures I realize I need to tidy up my garage)

9dfef1ce3bbd0d584d806b064615bad6.jpg
68ac13e5e7748b546560a1d30afee273.jpg

Headlight sent from China half way round the world wrapped in plastic, and the glass is broken? Really?

Now I don't feel so bad making it rust in salt water and scrap metal...
0123cc0769311d12f03c0343ae9ea5ac.jpg
74fb3c89dc65113593c314b3cfdf5061.jpg

I've done a head badge with acid chemical etch using laserjet toner printed onto a transparency and ironed onto the metal as the resist. That was copper, though.

That is a cool frame! I really like the handlebar exhaust pipe, sweeeeet!
So cool you're back to building this... where in the world are you?
Yeah I'm really pleased with how it's looks so far! I live in Sweden, about 40 minutes away from Stockholm.

Skickat från min SM-G970F via Tapatalk

If you plan on motoring often consider setting the drive chain and using the tensioner on the pedal side..those kit tensioner are sketchy at 30mph

If you plan on motoring often consider setting the drive chain and using the tensioner on the pedal side..those kit tensioner are sketchy at 30mph
Ah! I had to read that five times before I understood =)
(English not my first language as I mentioned)

My biggest concern was that the tentioner with the kit was ugly, so my plan was to build one.
We'll see...
Thanks for the tips!

Skickat från min SM-G970F via Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back