First build- board tracker Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my first... I thnk it's a Cranbrook frame from the posts I've been reading. It had chrome fenders and all when I brought it home.

Ridden about once a week, about 10 miles each time. Real comfy but it gets some odd stares!

mine2.jpg

So here's my wish list:
-180mm BMX crank set, something heavy-duty aluminum with a single sprocket
-disc brake front & rear (looking for a cheap 26" donor bike with discs)
- more comfy springer seat.
- "z" bars if anyone's got a set
- front forks from one of these OCC style bikes. No, I'm no raking the frame, I just want something with the triple-clamp fork that looks decent, on the cheap. I would consider a springer fork instead at the right price
- front headlight housing.

The plan is to keep this general paint scheme, make it a little tougher looking, make it more comfy, convert to disc brakes on lighter wheels and clean-up the brake cables in the process. Lighting will be modern LED's retrofitted into an older headlight housing... Yeah, it's needed even on a board track style bike, because I ride at after dark pretty often.

So who's got parts they want to sell- cheap?

Looking for recommendations on a cheap source for the disc brake conversion. And by "cheap" i mean like under $75 for both front, rear, and calipers...

the occ style front end looks kinda cool in the pics but they start to rust really fast because the are not well made and they have longer tubes on the tree so if you arent going to rake it out your bike will actually sit taller in the front that stuff can be fixed but it would be expensive and labor intensive. unless you are planning to run the bar the occ bike comes with the stem/riser setup is only made for that street slammer bar(because of the way that riser is spaced). i would suggest running a pro neck or something like it if you just want a stem with a clamp. if you are wanting to run a different style bar any bar will mount to your stem.

Don't know why I didn't notice this the first time I looked, but the bike has a full set of gears and front/rear handbrakes. There are some cantilever style bikes that come with gears/hand brakes, but not the cranbrook. The Fact that this thing also has a mountain bike stem and bar lead me to believe that this frankenstien bike cannot be easily labeled as a huffy because it has a huffy saddle. No idea.

Back