First Burrito

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My first attempt at a burrito. Took dimensions of all the important dimensions from a Dyno Roadster. Then filled in the dots,on a cardboard sheet. Used a rear triangle from a Ross Street bike, the headtube and downtubes from a ladies cruiser from the 60's. Filled in all the gaps with parts from all the ratty frames I have collected. Wheels came from Von Fink, a 7 speed nexus on thin aluminum street wheels. 1 3/8 thick. Makes the SUN cream 26 x 2.125 look great, and rounded tread. Front end came from dogdart at Bicycle Heavens swapmeet . Everything was fairly cheap, except the shoulder bolts for the springer. Had about 32 dollars in the bolts and washers and nylon loc-nuts. Fastenal raised prices from when I used to buy thru the other job.. All in all, its a smooth ride. Geared well. Seat sucks, but I have a cream Electra seat that I got from kingfish, that Ill put on this bike. Rode about 12 miles tonite, but got a flat at mile 10. Long push home. I need to get a cool toolbag to carry tubes,air and tools. hang on the left seat stay.

Back