First paying gig

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently asked to restore this 1948 J.C. Higgins. It took 32 hours to complete. Some of that time was spent fixing my mistakes and straightening metal. I know it's not really a rat rod, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I enjoyed working on it and learned a lot. The next one should go smoother.
CIMG0979.jpg

CIMG1147.jpg

IMGP2214.jpg

32 hour's or 32 day's?

If you did that in 32 hour's your the friggin man! Nice!!!

I always love the look on the customers face when they see the finished job for the first time. It makes all the work worthwhile.Heres one a lady had me do two years ago.Her father bought new for her as a child.
DSCN0181.jpg

DSCN0182.jpg

DSCN0185.jpg

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

DSCN0183.jpg

chimichanga said:
nice job man! What kind of paint did you use?

I think it's acrylic enamel, but I'm pathetically not sure. It's Martin Seneour Crossfire paint that I get at Napa. It's the type that doesn't require a clearcoat and you mix it with reducer and hardener. Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

looks like it just rolled out of the factory. i wish i could do stuff like that. although ... i like the before picture a lot too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back