First Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never remember to get "before" pics. Here are some "during" pics... :)

Ratone001.jpg

Ratone014.jpg

Ratone010.jpg

Ratone006.jpg

Ratone004.jpg

According to the serial numbers it's a 1953 Schwinn American.

Re: First Rat!

Coming out NICE!..... Have you been "lurking" for a while, cause you got the SHOE shots down pat! :lol:

johnny nightwolf said:
Looks good! How bout a closer shot of the chainguard? What are you thinking as far as bars & seat?

Thanks! :) I'll try to post a close-up of the chainguard later today. Haven't really got a "firm" direction on the bars & seat yet.

KOTA said:
Coming out NICE!..... Have you been "lurking" for a while, cause you got the SHOE shots down pat! :lol:

I've noticed yer better photog's always have the classic shoe shot! LOL :mrgreen:

johnny nightwolf said:
Looks good! How bout a closer shot of the chainguard? What are you thinking as far as bars & seat?

My brother sanded down through the red oxide primer someone sprayed on, till you can just make out "Schwinn American". I thought it might look good if we left it alone, so I masked it off. Probably gonna shoot clear over it and leave it alone. 8)

click to enlarge

Here's where I'm at. Not finished yet, need to make up a layback seatpost. I have a different seat I want to use. I really wanted (originaly) to go with a boardtracker look, But I'm too old to ride all bent over like that. I'll just have to lay back and admire the boardtrackers you guys build. :mrgreen:

click to enlarge

Looks good! I like the headlight position between the bars.Are you keeping the banana? It will be cool to see with a layback post on it. I am in the process of building my first banana seated bike.

Juggler said:
Here's where I'm at. Not finished yet, need to make up a layback seatpost. I have a different seat I want to use. I really wanted (originaly) to go with a boardtracker look, But I'm too old to ride all bent over like that. I'll just have to lay back and admire the boardtrackers you guys build. :mrgreen:

Great looking bike! I have a newbie question for you:

How do you make up a layback seatpost?

Back