First trip to Fabers Cyclery in San Jose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's kind of a bicycle Pick in pull. Got a nice new departure front hub. It's really interesting there is some cool stuff but then some junk. Been there for 100 years. I do believe there some hidden treasures that haven't been dug up yet. But the owner Alex really cool. And says within the next few weeks he will be organizing everything and having a eBay store. So maybe taken a trip back in a few weeks to see what he really has. Heres some pics from there.

u4yjypy5.jpg
hareny4a.jpg
eby3uqe2.jpg
dugynupu.jpg
gahedyqa.jpg
u7eqyvyb.jpg
y8uzu6yz.jpg
vupu5e9u.jpg
7uguqe5y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: First trip to Fabers Cyclery in San Jose

Back in the 60's-70's when this shop was still very alive and well ,as a Schwinn dealer, it was a place I liked to stroll through! It was the only Schwinn dealer in downtown San Jose CA. and you could see the mountain of frames almost dwarfing the side/back yard fence from a ways off! The mechanics in this store were also building Klunkers a couple of years earlier than the early pioneers up north @ Mt. Tamalpais. :wink: This, in my opinion, alone makes it worthy of retention in the bicycle history sense. 8) We may not have had a cool place to bomb like Mt. Tam. But there were several other places to the south (where I lived) that were really cool to "Klunk". There were many BMX and Klunker events early, early on, in the foothills of So. San Jose. And I am glad I was able to witness/participate in it. Nice to see that it hasnt been leveled in the name of urban renewal!

Back