first try at a swingbike: finished and riding on snow!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my first try at building a swingbike. i need to weld it. its only mocked up right now. i think its coming along. i need to figure out what length i want the frame and the angle of the rear triangle headtube thing. im making some brackets to support where all the bars meet when they are welded in.ill post more pics as i go. i need to grind off the brackets. it took about 2 hours to get where it is now.
myswinger002.jpg

myswinger003.jpg

myswinger001.jpg

Re: first try at a swingbike

wow that looks really simple. ive always wanted a swing bike since the first time i ever saw one posted here. i think after seeing this build i might just try to build on myself! thanks for the motivation!!! keep us posted on the build!!!

Easy E

Re: first try at a swingbike

cool, i have an original swing bike, the hardest part to make is going to be your seat post.

Wow! Some of the funnest bikes to ride take the least amount of time and money. RatRod. :D

As probably the biggest swingbike fan here, I just have to say...Keep it up.

well weve seen pictures of it after its completed, but how does it ride? are you happy with it!!!

Easy E

the snow part sucks and i havent quite got the hang of steering yet but it rides good! im not even going to paint it, "i shall call it, ug el eee"

that is awesome. are you going to make a lockout for the swing portion?

i was thinking about it, i really dont want to buy anything so im waiting to find parts at the scrapyard.im cheap! bits n pieces of everything thrown together can make something!i dont have a single cent into it yet, the welding was free to (as you can tell from the pics)lol!

i bolted and had it welded, unfortunatly the welder welded the forks inside the dropouts.but its okay, it isnt like i paid for it!lol! this is a crazy hunk of junk to ride but its pretty cool. if i find the right spokes im making it fixed gear, i have a 28 hole fixed gear hub from an exercise bike with the lockring, i have a 24 inch , 28 spoke wheel, . i dont have the $ to buy spokes so its on hold.

Back