Fitness cycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first time I have seen one of these.Montgomery Wards open road fitness cycle
I initially thought it just had and odd clunky rack and a parking brake. but upon further inspection when I was cleaning it up I seen it was a combo bike and excersize bike it also had a speedometer that ran off the rear tire but it was broke so I took it off
SU1HMDA5MjQuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDA5MjUuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDA5MjYuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDA5MjcuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDA5MjguanBn.jpg

SU1HMDA5MjkuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDA5MzAuanBn.jpg

that is awesome. i wish my bikes could do that cuz winter is way to close. does it have something that rubs on the tire to make it not spin crazy fast and make the crank spin at 3000 rpm? awesome find!

Can't say I knew this existed. Looks like a Huffy judging by the sprocket. Coolest brown '70's girls bike? maybe.

thesuicideride said:
that is awesome. i wish my bikes could do that cuz winter is way to close. does it have something that rubs on the tire to make it not spin crazy fast and make the crank spin at 3000 rpm? awesome find!

It's got a coaster & a caliper, so my guess is the caliper creates the drag like on some exercycles.

the caliper brakes are felt not rubber and they go to the 5speed type friction shifter on the handle bars
while unique this thing is so far from quality lol. its understandable why it was rusty and sat out side. the excersize bike part is just too unstable well unless there are more parts that I dont have

That is cool. I never knew they existed. I had actually thought about building a stand of some kind to seu one of my bikes as an excercise bike this winter.I had not thought about making the stand so it could double as a rack.That's something else to consider. :)

i hate to admit it, but that's really clever!

thom said:
That is cool. I never knew they existed. I had actually thought about building a stand of some kind to seu one of my bikes as an excercise bike this winter.I had not thought about making the stand so it could double as a rack.That's something else to consider. :)

I think this is supposed to be such a stand, I haven't ever used it for anything, though I picked it up thinking it was for repairs.
I already had a cheap stand from Harbor Freight for raising the rear wheel for repairs or adjustments, but you can't sit on the bike.

IMG_0181.jpg

I know there are similar devices of much better quality w/weighted rollers, etc. for resistance.

Sorry to reply on an older thread but I was wondering if anyone learned anything about this bike? I just picked up the same bicycle (though mine is missing the rack/stand thing unfortunatly). I have been trying to find information on it but I cannot find anything about this bike on the internet. lol
At the very least my goal is to learn the year, I was thinking 70s just because of the color choice on this bike. :)

I just bought one today ... So far I like it :) hmmm... don't know how to post a picture .. but it looks just like the other picture posted.

Latest posts

Back