Fixed gear on a fixed income

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like the bull bar a lot... really clean look...

you can make the bike lines even cleaner look by using a normal cable for the front brake, looks like you're using a cluttered setup right now

Mugen_Stumpo said:
i like the bull bar a lot... really clean look...

i can make the bike lines even more clean look by using a normal cable for the front brake, looks like you're using a cluttered setup right now

I think what you are saying is that he is using a Centerpull brake instead of a sidepull. Centerpulls tend to work better though because they self-center and don't tend to rub on the rim while riding.

The best kind aside from canti-lever and disc brakes are dual pivot side pull brakes. I run those on my fixed gear and they will throw you over if you aren't careful.

Yeah this is the original center pull front brake from the continental. A side pull brake might look a bit cleaner but I don't have a real high quality spare one now and I do want some stopping power. It would look even cleaner without a front brake but I'm not ready for that yet.

Anyone have thoughts on the pedals? Toe clips? Nothing but a bare pedal? Or clip in pedals?

Back