Fixie anyone?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This here is Danimals fixie he built. This bike is huge. Look at the headtube length on this thing. Keep in mind, Dan is roughly 6 foot 4 inches tall and he can hardly touch the ground with the seat at this height. Pretty clean Varsity with a pretty funky green color. He's currectly seqarching for a proper front brake lever so he can put the front brake on but he already took it for a spin....and DIDN'T crash. Huh a bike that fits ya Dan......
HPIM2280.jpg

HPIM2281.jpg

HPIM2282.jpg

HPIM2283.jpg

Holy smokes! Now that is a tallboy (frame). Look how tiny the headbadge looks..lol. What brake lever is he looking for? schwinn? let me know.. And by the way that bike would be perfect for me (I'm 6'8")

Well I'm sure he'll be reading this tonight so I'm willing to bet he'll let ya know. That head tube has got to be around 10 inches or so, maybe more. It may even be for sale.

stickit said:
Well I'm sure he'll be reading this tonight so I'm willing to bet he'll let ya know. That head tube has got to be around 10 inches or so, maybe more. It may even be for sale.

whare are you guys located?

We are in southern NH. Winters commin so we'll be building more with all the snow expected.

stickit said:
We are in southern NH. Winters commin so we'll be building more with all the snow expected.
Too far! lol well it is still a nice bike.

Thanks for posting those Brian...my camera is inop at the moment.

So yeah, that is my fixie. Frame/forks from FlyingDingo while the bars and stem were from MarkM. Other parts I had from various places. The wheels (27") were from a Raliegh 10 speed I found road-side. I had to buy the fixie sprocket and lock nut from this old bike repair guy in our town. Toe clips were off a newer Schwinn mountain bike. Tubes/tires from Walmart.

I just need to find a short brake lever that will fit around the bars and I will install that too. Scary to ride these things!

Btw, I am 6'8"...that is a really tall bike.

Dan

Thanks CCR, it is a cool rig. The heaviest race bike ever. :lol:

Beau: Yes, I did indeed use loctite on the sprocket and locknut.

Dan

Good! I have seen skinny little hipsters thread the gear and lock ring right off! Not a good thing, especially without brakes!

Have fun on the fixie! It's a whole new level of fun on two wheels....even standing still!

Back