Fixie Pixie!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well guys, Ive told a couple of u my plan for a pixie racer, I have finally got the basis for my project. A SCHWINN "LiL Tiger"! Check this out, supposed 2 have 2 hard rubber tires, one is missing so im going to run a 12 x 2.125 tire on the rear Im gonna run a banana seat with a big old sissy bar, Going to try to make a gooseneck work in it not sure if it will. I have a few other secrets on this project but yeah, Oh and it dont got a break in the rear rim so Its going to be a fixed speed pixie racer! Sweet huh? Check the pics!

DSCF1027.jpg

DSCF1028.jpg

DSCF1029.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

Also thinking old skool schwinn sprocket, The one with four holes.. Yeah its gonna be a sweet little bike. Ill post new pics when i start the work on it.

how ya gonna put an airfilled tire on without a stem hole in the rim???

Heard of a drill? HA! I did it before...

I wanna go work on this but im going 2 a concert in a little bit..

ricky, that's a sweet lil bike. can't wait to see what you gonna do with it.
if you can get the gooseneck to work you should put on some full size apes and leave the banana seat.

Great little bike. So you have "Rick's Rat" will this be "Little Ricky" How is the hub fixed? Usually coaster hub freewheel both ways when the are shot.

Clothespin "n" said:
ricksterr1221 said:
Heard of a drill? HA! I did it before...

heard of a Bead Seal!!!!!!

It may not work Ricky..
keep us posted..I hope it does work for yaa!!

Peace,
Kev.

Yeah i thaught of that as i was sitting in the front room with dad.. Im sorry for being a smartpants... Yeah I GOT SOME RIMS!! JUST WWWWWWWWWWAIT!

:O What is mine worth Im having second thaughts with that number by it, Considering i got mine free.

you can buy the solid tires on the schwinn forum personally I wouldnt mess with it and get a cheap or free one like i built it was 3 bucks at good will
that might sell for 25-50 bucks especially if the seat cleans up llil tigers are worth more than the pixies because of the banana seat and sissybar its like a little stingray so schwinn collectors like to get their lil kids one :)

Yeah im not gonna touch this one, Im going to hang it on my bedroom wall as a decoration HECK YEAH!!G

Thanks hooch, ill find sumthing at the fleamarket..

The frame on that thing is probably too fragile to make a good racer anyway, chances are pretty good that anybody who isn't a six year old would preztel it in minutes.

Should be no problem to find a suitable 12" or 16" bike at the fleamarket. I too, shall be partaking in the noble tradition known as pixie hunting this weekend. Looking for a 12" BMX this time.

Let us know what you drag home, Rick.

-Mp

I know where theres an old girls columbia at, Im going 2 the old brawds house 2 morrow, Ima get me that bike haha. Its gonna be a cool bike.

Back