Fixing a springer fork....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.i bough a beehive springer for my CWC bike...its off a girls bike and the stem is broken/bent and stuff....
so heres my question..

can i cut the plate that holds the spring off the origonal fork and weld it the the CWC fork? my only problem is the forks are different...here are some pix to show ya what i mean

68373_4866775987632_800379828_n.jpg

599118_4866773867579_1856737420_n.jpg

550819_4866771827528_247430238_n.jpg

can i make this work?

If you have the skill to cut and weld, why don't you cut the steering tube where it is cracked and weld a new piece of steering tube on the damaged one? Seems easier to me, but I'm no welder. Gary

ya thats the way to do it! get a donor steerer and sleeve it on there.. way easier and its hidden in the head tube, make sure you put the lower race on before you melt em together! :wink:

Even though I didn't get the fork in the for sale ad I'll show you how i fix mine. :lol:
Before

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tube cut and new donor clamped with a pc of threaded rod for welding.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Finished and cleaned.

dscf2364t.jpg

Sometimes I sleeve the inside. Have fun it will be a cool addition to your bike.

HAHA thanks a million dude! im gonna get ready to do it that way and have my uncle weld it up for me!

Good job! Your repair will be hidden and you didn't have to cut the lower part of that cool old fork. Pass on what you learned to the next guy. RatRodForum rocks! Gary

Latest posts

Back