flake paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think they are in the $12-$15 range. I'm going by there tomorrow ,I will double check. I'll check what Kolors are available too they only had silver ready last time i was in there.

RodneyR said:
think they are in the $12-$15 range. I'm going by there tomorrow ,I will double check. I'll check what Kolors are available too they only had silver ready last time i was in there.

cool. in proportion to the cap they look like they would be a 12oz but can you double check for us? thanks man!

i would be very interested in seeing how this stuff acually sprays. one thing that confuses me after looking at the site is they have bases in the same colors. so do i need to use that base THEN get the flake spray paint? or is everything in one can

whats up karfer,I wish I knew how to post the link. but if you google "roth rattle bomb" there is a write up with photos and all. click on the one thats called Gambinos flake in a can from the jalopy journal thread. hope this helps, and no its not a one can does all thing.

I hope the Roth bombs give you something like this:

2015rat0003-7.jpg

Here's how my try with the auto parts store flake clear came out. I like went over black. It looks better in person (of course..)

zoombike.jpg

A B Supply has Reds,Blue,silver ,black. right now. they mix the cans in house so they can make what you need. 12 oz. cans, $14.99.

loose nut what flake was that is that the stuff they call "reflective" ? and i am still confused with the roth stuff i read the thread about using it and it does seem like the base and the flake are two different things i would need to get. but if you get a different base than the flake color i asume you can switch it up.

Loose Nut said:
This is the clear stuff I was talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-Effex ... B000WFATHM

mirage by dupli color is what i used as a mid coat and then masked the first set of flames.
only difference between mid coat and flame was i sprayed the flame 5 coats.
PC230098.jpg

P3220056.jpg

pics don't do it justice because camera don't pick up the full spectrum of colors

process was
black base (2x)
mirage (2x all over)
mirage flame (5x)
clear (2x)
wet sand
lime met. flame (2x)
clear (2x)

sherwin williams planetary colors are incredable. (flip flop paint)

i used thier black jade for my 67 stingray. it was chosen to match the 60's sparkle green schwinn grips.
IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

3 parts. base,mid and clear. its auto motive paint and not sold in rattle cans. that being said theres many companies (including sherwin williams) that will put in in a rattle can for ya.

my bike was sprayed green for my base coat.
this is the mid. its responsible for the glitter and color change.
IMG_1616.jpg

enjoy.

done_0066.jpg

my budy likes the color so much, he just had his 1968 mandella drag boat painted the same.

I bought a can of the red duplicolor. I've been refreshing my mother-in-law's trike and laid down a black base of the engine paint with ceramic, then I started putting the red on. I like the results. I would reccomend this paint. Fo sho.

Back