Flat Black

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after a few months of reading and lurking around the forum, ive decided to join this jovial band of bikers. everyone here seems to be like their bikes, way cool.

i probably wont say much, but im always reading, and checking the various builds.

ive got three and a half customs notched on the headboard. i say "and a half," as my first was an apehanger 20" stingray i built at 15, and it was reincarnated for my 7 year old brother. [only 7 year old with 144 spoked rims in town...]

the second was what i believe to be an english made cruiser. found dead on the curb, waiting for the trash. it was a garden piece, rusted solid, and covered in ivy. now its a rat/bobber style, 6 speed, dubbed "the salt queen rust dream." ill post some pics soon, and see if any of you OGs can identify the make.

the third [also unidentified make] is a true rat. flat black, red rims, apes.... and way too much [but never enough] freehand pin striping. all shes waiting on is the wide whites to come in, and ittl be done. i was thinking of calling it "the rat king", but "pain in the...." seems more fitting right now.

i reside in marion, ohio, "the city of kings." famous for being the largest producer of clothes dryers in the world. used to be famous for the marion power shovel. oh, and home of one of the worst presidents of all time, warren g. harding.
at this point the place is lifeless... and i get weird looks riding a classic bike down the street. or worse, victim of the "how close can we drive past the kid on the old bike" game. -not fun with hula hoop bars.
however, there are a few of my friends that have this rare bug as well, so at least we can ride rats in a pack.
and we love when were asked "when you gonna paint it?" -its called primer, it IS painted.

so ladies and gentlemen, i am rex rattus, and i bid you all a warm hello.
if ive left anything out, feel free to call me out on it.

ill be more than happy to post them up, as soon as i can get my hands on a camera.

Back