flea market Electra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting day digging around here, found a guy trying to pass off a Bratz bike as an antique Schwinn Stingray for $200. When I pointed out that it was a $49 wally world special from 2005 he just laughed. I really hope nobody falls for it but the sad part is somebody will.
Then my wife and I rode on down to the flea market where I spotted this Electra cruiser leaning up against one of the canopies. Just out of curiosity I asked what he wanted for it and he replied 50 bucks, a scandalously high price if you ask me :wink: , so I told him that was nice but I didn't have any money, and he quickly asked me, "how about $45?" Since it was late and the market would be closing soon I offered him $40 but told him that I'd have to go get the money. Fortunately for me when I caught up with she who must be obeyed, she still had enough cash for me to buy it. It's kinda rough around the edges but that just makes for really good project fodder. It rides okay as is but the home made seat clamp bolt is a bit dangerous.
sidev1.jpg

frntv1.jpg

I've got to sell my dad's 7speed but really love the stems on these bikes. I like the ridge that runs across the tops, very elegant look. I am thinking about swapping it out before I do sell...and keeping the tires...and maybe the bars...I don't even really want to sell it :mrgreen: Enjoy yours!

Untitled by buck50sdelt, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back