Flea Market Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No full bikes but a lot of nice old parts. Dug through about 3-4 boxes of stuff and picked out what I thought was old looking. Most of the parts were kids bike pieces but I have a sharp eye :shock: 1 major part in particular.

IMG_0245.jpg

28" wood/metal clad wheel, Wood intact and metal is great shape. Some older handlebars and stems, Western Flyer grips, pedals, a nice older style seat that could use some repair, some New departure parts and what I think is a early 30's crank set. Got a good deal on it all too in my opinion. Cost more in gas to get there than what I paid for the parts :)

IMG_0246.jpg

And like I said, the wheel is in great shape! Wood has some damage but is minor and easily repaired. The metal isn't severely rusted from what I can tell either. Can still see original paint on it and some clean metal.

IMG_0247.jpg

The wheel will probably go up for sale soon. Needs new spokes and the hub internal, but for a good condition rim its gotta be harder to find and I have no use for it.

I also picked up these 10 bike magazines. Saw bikes and I had to have them. Didn't look to closely but they ended up being British. From the early 50's.
IMG_0255720x540.jpg

At this place a few vendors had some bikes. A few ten speeds, some schwinn girls bikes, and one guy had a nice prewar schwinn but even with the damage and house paint custom job he wanted $200 firm for it. Heading out I saw a guy leaving with a Huffy 5 speed muscle bike, the chrome and multi-color one. 24" wheels. :( :cry: I missed out on it just by a few minutes for $150. That bike was clean! Guess you just don't win 'em all...

In the front row of magazines on the right side magazine, are those Dunlop saddles? I have a no name British saddle that looks very similar I think. Great finds by the way, cleaned up a little that wood rim will be snapped up real quick!

If you decide down the road to sell those WF grips and pedals, keep me in mind. Nice find......I love finding parts as much as the bikes themselves. Very cool!

P.S. that center stem is a pre war Wald. Schwinn, Huffman and several others used them a lot.

Back