Flea market score today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Flea market score- Stem and bars were removed to get it into my trunk. Did a quick measure and it appears to be a 26 although I thought it was a 24...we'll see when I stick a wheel in there-LOL

Stickers say Firestone but I've been told it's a Rollfast...although I don't really care as I plan to Rat Rod it-LOL What do you guys think?

Rat.jpg

those are very cool frames nice score ,i just sold one like your.s mine said hawthorne on the chaingaurd ! now are you confuised :? :lol:

This frame looks to of had a tank, little tabs on the top tubes. Nice frame to build a rat.

looks like a rollfast to me (seat tube decal), maybe hawthorne (dropouts). i think the double top tubes are found on both too.

It's a Snyder built post 1958 frame, and they were also badged as Rollfasts and Hawthornes! Also note the triangular cutouts in the center of the chainring, different than Murray's oval cutouts. -Adam

Well, I stuffed a wheel in there to see and it is indeed a 26!

Thanks for the info about what it is.

I'm hanging onto this one for a while and am heading to the Monson, MA swap in the morning with 2 other project frames leaded in the truck- they're not as cool IMO so if I can sell/trade them then off they go.

Thanks again,
Jamison

Back