Flightliner springer forks? aftermarket?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a sugestion on springer forks. I have the original standard forks thinking of having them powder coated but would consider springer if was cheap enough. Will aftermarket work with the lights. Thanks for the help only been into this bike thing for a couple of weeks. I think the bike is 60 thru 63. Pics on my other post.

I think the schwinn and monark style springer forks wouldn't work with the headlights but not sure. What you need is a springer fork off a spaceliner. They are called a rat trap or spaceliner springer fork. Here is a set on one of my bikes.

MurrayRat15.jpg

MurrayRat13.jpg

You might try the for sale or wanted page.

Hey Flame,

How did you change that fork up? By simply moving those lower C clips forward, or by moving them from left to right and vice versa??'Also how does it ride like that??

SoonerCraft1958 said:
Hey Flame,

How did you change that fork up? By simply moving those lower C clips forward, or by moving them from left to right and vice versa??'Also how does it ride like that??

Like udall says you just have to swap them left to right. They don't seem to have much spring to them but I don't know how it compares to the stock version as I switched the rockers before mounting it on the bike. I thought about switching them back to see if gives it more spring but I like the way it looks now and that is what counts.

Very nice! I just picked up a SpaceLiner yesterday to use the fork on my Tandem project. I was thinking about doing exactly that before I saw this post, glad to see it works! Looks like it would be leveraged out the way you guys have it, compared to stock. I was bouncing all over my frame to see what kind of give it had. Not much! Should be better than nothing though.
Thanks for the input,
WillyB.

SoonerCraft1958 said:
Very nice! I just picked up a SpaceLiner yesterday to use the fork on my Tandem project. I was thinking about doing exactly that before I saw this post, glad to see it works! Looks like it would be leveraged out the way you guys have it, compared to stock. I was bouncing all over my frame to see what kind of give it had. Not much! Should be better than nothing though.
Thanks for the input,
WillyB.
They really don't move much, they just look cool! I'd say the Schwinn style moves the most, and Monark & CWC Shockmasters slightly less, but not as stiff as the rat trap. -Adam

Latest posts

Back