FLIGHTLINER Tank/Headlight Lens

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Smack dab in the middle of the "land of fruits & n
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of VERY talented local custom/vintage bike builders are collaborating on a special bike based on an old Flightliner. My understanding is that it will be a one-off custom and they are going to give it away! I have not seen what they are doing, but I do know that it will turn out awesome! They asked if I could make a lens for the tank light. To see how I made it, look here . . . http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=165
The main difference between what I made before and thise project, is that for this lens, I used .060" acrylic so it fits using the original retaining hardware.

This is what I came up with . . .
Flitetanklens016.jpg

View of the lens from the top . . .
Flitetanklens018.jpg

Fitted into the housing . . .
Flitetanklens024.jpg

Side view . . .
Flitetanklens029.jpg

Hope this lens is worthy to be used on the cool KUSTOM bike those guys are doing! :wink:

(BTW, this is my 1,000th post!)

sorry mark i have not been on in a few days as you can see. sweet work i really dig it thanks for your help. this is for the bike mike is building for the raffle at the hands helping hand show. you are awsome as always

Back