FLIGHTLINER w/ORIGINAL DELTA TAILLIGHT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Okay boys & girls...now that I finally may have this pic thing down I can relate my Flightliner story.I asked my pal,Ponytail Mike,if he had a rattrap springer for sale & he said he might then a few weeks later he brought me the whole bike sans the tank (which I scored
from VBC...Thanx,Todd) & taillight lens.I was cruising ebay one evening & spied a listing for the holy grail of Flightliners/Spaceliners.
..not one but 2 NOS lenses & 1 NOS taillight that this guy had bought at a estate sale,in a box of other bike stuff,and was asking what it went to.I answered him right away then offered him $30 for the "spare" lens.He answered that I was the only person who had taken the time & effort to answer him and he the said ..."PayPal me $20 & the "spare lens" is yours!" My only regret is that I didn't buy the other lens & taillight but he ended up getting about $130 for them on his auction.Karma rewards!So,my pal gives me a way cool '58-'60 Flightliner w/a factory Bendix manual 2-speed,Todd @ VBC made me a huge deal on the tanks & a chance encounter on ebay fetches me a NOS lens @ an unbelievable price.All in all,I'd say I have a pretty lucky bike here...Pappy 8)
100_1897.jpg

100_1899.jpg

100_1902.jpg

100_1900.jpg

Nice bike Pappy, glad I finally got to see it. And now that I have, I agree with the Man Cave talk from earlier tonight...you have to leave the Mooneyes decals on. My next question though, is what the heck is that flat board with the baby buggy wheels bolted on it leaning up against the wall??? I hope you're not planning on taking up gravity racing or something crazy like that with it???

Thanx to all for your comments...but no Marty...not into the gravity thing...YET! I'm thinking of turning that old baby buggy chassis into a swap meet/farmers market tot'in thing-a-majiggy (aka shopping cart).I've got a HUGE Wald basket from either a Worksman or three-wheeler and I thinking on marrying the two...I'll keep you posted...Pappy 8)

I can just see it now! Pappy flyin down a hill with his pin wheels in his hands goin WEEEEEEEEEEE-WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! Just messin with ya Pappy!!

NOT FUNNY RICH! I hate that commercial...now you'll have to PAY!!! (insert evil laugh here)...Pappy 8)

Latest posts

Back