floods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its getting pretty intense around here with all the flooding
the town my son lives in they are expecting the levee to break and it will but 6ft of water in the town I talked to some of the city council there last night and they are expecting the worse. other towns are at major record setting flood stages its insane and we are expecting another couple inches of rain today
http://www.kcrg.com/
http://www.kwwl.com/
the Coralville Reservoir is running over the spillway and they are expecting major flooding in the Iowa City area
http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

ill say a prayer for you and yours bro, that sound really serious. if you find yourself in a position to ponder should you stay or go, i would suggest error on the side of caution! since the midwest deals with flooding fairly often i made sure to buy on some of the highest ground in missouri, not much help when it comes to high winds and tornodoes though! i hope ya come out alright,
fast eddie outty

I myself am fine I am in one of the highest spots in the county
coralville/iowa city is about 30 miles away and they will be getting a ton of flooding now that its over the spillway at coralville lake
my girlfriends folks live in cedar falls tho but they are up high

That sucks.....I hope all is well for folks that you know in the days to come.

Crazy weather- we have snow in the foothills this morning.

that sucks!!! i was looking through the pics was waiting for for this one although it's not a PBR it's bud light
bilde

stay dry hooch

CCR...You And Me should invent a sport...
Paddleboat Baseball...

Outfielders get motors
lol

My friend lives in iowa...he has said nothing about the floods...Hes just excited as all heck for tonight's release of Metal Gear solid 4

Hooch, I feel your pain. I live in a flood plain and these constant storms, hail and tornado warnings are beginning to get under my skin. During the last big flood in Kansas, the local paper printed the photo below of a guy who was concerned about looters. The photo speaks for itself. Between the two guns and the can of Bud, I have no idea how this chucklehead would manage to pull off a shot. If he saw a looter (highly unlikely in his neck of the woods) he would probably fumble and end up dropping both guns and the beer in the water.

1213283308.jpg

KansasJack said:
If he saw a looter (highly unlikely in his neck of the woods) he would probably fumble and end up dropping both guns and the beer in the water.

He might fumble and drop the guns but he would never drop his beer. :mrgreen:

Hooch said:
yea 4 boy scouts at a camp :(
go to http://www.kcrg.com/ and watch the live streaming video

OUCH!! wow with the video.... i was a scout my boy is a scout and youngest will too. that really bites

my outlook on storms has greatly changed after the tree/car trying to take up the same space. it changed quick

my prayers go out to their familys

I have seen the devil and he is bearing alot of water :(
spent 6 hours sandbagging my friends shop and evacuating him we had 40 people and uhaul gave us trucks free
we put special stoppers in all the basement floor drains and when we left one was squirting water 2 feet high
the shop is considered 6 feet above the flood plain and in the huge flood of 93 the water was just up to the street in front
sadly the police say this beautiful huge art gallery type tattoo studio could be 6ft under water in 2 days :(
main.h1.jpg

Man this whole thing is crazy. I heard they were doing voluntary evacuations of Des Moines today, and they said it will most likely be mandatory in the next day or so as the river will crest. Hope everyones doing ok out there. My grandparents live in Iowa, they said their doing ok, but to get to their house, we would have to take a 190 Mile detour!

Latest posts

Back