Hello new to rat rods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm A truck driver who's 62 years old.
But still enjoy cycling. I have a specialized sirrus in truck I have a couple of projects at home one. In particular, it looks a 1985 huffy black Beach cruiser single speed. I got it from a fellow retired truck driver from new york Who used to live in redondo in hermosa beach, california. I cleaned and serviced the bottom bracket and front hub as well as the Head tube.
It looks like it's never been serviced .I have the rear wheel in the truck. Shining up the Chrome. It has a shimono d type coaster. Break, I'm not familiar with that one.
But watching youtube videos, this stuff looks pretty cut and dry. The big question is it has rust spots here and there on the frame? It has rough spots on the chain guard. Should I remove the Rust spots, primer, and repeat it black. Or sand it down to the bare metal and start fresh. Oh I did get a new chain. The 19 tooth sprocket needs to be changed. I don't remember the chain.
How many teeth that had on there? But that needs to be changed as wells When I get home, I'll send up some pics. It's a pleasure being here. This ought to be fun to hang out.Thanks again

Welcome! Sounds like a great project. Some pics would be good to see what the paint needs. You might be able to clean it up pretty well with 0000 steel wool and WD40, depending how bad the rust is. Enjoy the forum, this is a fun place to hang out!

Latest posts

Back