TRADITIONAL Flying Star Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel Jeter

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Ok I’m in.Picked up a Flying Star a few weeks back.All my bikes are glossy or polished so I decided a nice patina should be done.
IMG_1363.jpeg
IMG_1373.jpeg
after washing and cleaning
IMG_1376.jpeg
IMG_1363.jpeg
IMG_1373.jpeg
IMG_1366.jpeg
IMG_1376.jpeg

Welcome to RRB and BO19.
Nice starting point.

I’ve never seen a bicycle that looked so lovely even when disassembled…this is going to be good.

Had old set of black cruiser bars stripped them now nice raw steel bars with patina coating. I convinced myself not to use original rims S7 had an old set of rims cleaned them up did bearings rebuilt back hub gave good patina coating had old set of white walls they will look good on bike had to buy some crank hardware waiting on it thought I could get thru build not buying anything but I also need a seat post bracket get it friday at co-op shop almost finished
IMG_1385.jpeg
IMG_1384.jpeg

I keep forgetting to take pics along the way sorry about that so today I swapped a set of rims for 1962 schwinn jaguar seat a new chain and some grips along with a rear fender to customize I also have the crank ready I am going to do another trade this week for seat post so far only had to buy a seat post clamp its on the way this has been good.So I brought fender home cut it up mocked up and stripped paint Monday paint it and then put a patina on it
IMG_1389.jpeg
IMG_1391.jpeg
IMG_1392.jpeg
IMG_1394.jpeg
IMG_1393.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpeg
    IMG_1394.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1393.jpeg
    IMG_1393.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1392.jpeg
    IMG_1392.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Keep plugging away. Looking forward to it coming together.

Got those pedals today great find for $6 but they look a little new,so out with the patina syrup and they look like they belong on the bike now. So now I think I’m finished but thinking do I want a front fender,mull it over a Couple of days.Either way pics of finished build next week.
IMG_1397.jpeg
IMG_1399.jpeg
IMG_1399.jpeg
IMG_1399.jpeg

Back