flying sue tubes..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been trying to find thornproof tubes for the flying sue 3" electra sells cheapy thin ones every other place does but no thorn proof. The tube's that came with it are chenshing I think their are awsome thick I put the green goo in but I am still looking for those tubes but my understnding is that those tires come only as new on the bike from china... but not availible for purchase here here only othe choice is a unicycle tire imported from the uk..thats thorn proof that is.
any sugestions?

I have used heavy duty tubes designed for Downhill specific mountain bike tires for both 26" x 3 and 24" x 3 cruiser tires with good success. I also slime the heck out of em just for insurance :)

have you tried looking for tire liners ? theyre like hard plastic inserts that go between the tire and tube, my lbs has them mostly for road bikes around here (crushed glass/coal and salt is standard for icy roads around here) i dont know how they'd hold up against thorns and such though.

yea i currently just slime the heck out of the originals cuse they were thick as .... electra sells the size but the tube is nothing like what it comes with i had no prob so far which is good here in the land of the goathead and thumbleweed..i tried the plastic bt with the 3" tires its dang hard to get it in the right spot..
i keeping the other ideas as backup also considering putting new thinner tubes inside the current ones..
thanks for the info now if i can find a hitch rack the is wide enough to hold em by the wheels?
keep the wind to your back people..

CCR said:
have you tried looking for tire liners ? theyre like hard plastic inserts that go between the tire and tube, my lbs has them mostly for road bikes around here (crushed glass/coal and salt is standard for icy roads around here) i dont know how they'd hold up against thorns and such though.

I did not know that they made those??? I was using plastic slip sheets from pallets and cutting them into strips and trimming them to fit my tires. I might have to look into that and see if it is cheaper to buy them or just keep stocking up on bandaids :)

http://www.mrtuffy.com/sizes.php

i would get the purple (29x2.0-2.5) since we are talking about some wide tires, you can always trim the length if needed but the ends usually overlap a little bit anyway.

theres a "slime" brand too but i dont know how wide they get, just do some searching and im sure theres a few brands that make them.

Latest posts

Back