Folding Bikes From Washington

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I was up in the Tacoma area for a couple of weeks for Navy duty, and while I was there, I noticed that Craigslist bike prices were much cheaper than at home. So, after some digging, I decided that I had enough room in my Smart Car to pick up a Dahon folding, and fit it in there.
IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

But then i ran across this Japanese folder, and couldn't resist.
IMG_1082.jpg

It has too many strange little features to get into, but it was obviously for the Japanese citizen, and not to be sold here in the States (check out the headbadge).
IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

So how did I get two bikes, plus two big suitcases, a cooler, and other various bags in my Smart to drive 13 hours home? Let's just say that my skills as a Tetris master were tested, but I fit it all in with room enough for another Dahon, if I wanted. :)

I love foldies! I have a yellow Dahon just like that one and I love it! Does yours have a drum brake? I haven't dated mine yet, I was guessing late 70's or so. That Japanese bike has got to be rare! Cool finds!

ckdesigns69 said:
I love foldies! I have a yellow Dahon just like that one and I love it! Does yours have a drum brake? I haven't dated mine yet, I was guessing late 70's or so. That Japanese bike has got to be rare! Cool finds!

It is indeed a drum brake.

I was hoping someone here could give me some info on the Japanese folder. I may post it in the builds section, which gets more eyes on it. It's got too many odd details to list.

I am a folder junkie too. The Dahons weren't made until the mid 80s. Maybe 83-84 at the earliest. They made those old frames until the early 90s. That is the frame I used to make Fugsley (and it still folds).

That's a very cool Japanese folders. I have never seen that one before!!!

One of my main rides is a Dahon Jestream full suspension folder.

Latest posts

Back