For a good cause...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a long shot, but it won't hurt to try, especially with this God given website...

My wife and I lead a ministry at our church in which we serve our community. One of our church members is semi-homeless (he moves from shelter to shelter and from one friend's home to another) but he has an awesome heart and willing to help anyone in need, even if he is in need. One of his prayer requests was for some form of transportation. So I had given him one of my mountain bikes as a gift because I knew he needed it. One day my wife received a letter at church from him saying he didn't have the bike anymore. He said it was locked to a fence where he was living (we had bought him a new cable and lock). He had come out one morning and had seen it was gone. He stopped coming to church for a couple weeks because he was embarrassed and had felt bad, until today. He came to church and explained his situation. As much as he didn't want to ask, I asked him if he needed another bike. Hesitating he said yes...but I do not have anymore complete bikes to give. So I ask all of my local Milwaukee (and surrounding cities) Rat Rod Bikers if they have any mountain bikes, hybrids, cruisers, anything that can be donated. I have a truck and will drive within reason to pick it up.

Please let me know and we can set up a time...

Thanks for reading...and keep riding my friends...

I hope somebody local can give you a hand. The other option would be the "teach a man to fish" route. In a large city like Milwaukee I imagine it shouldn't be a big deal to find a free/cheap bike. Maybe you can give him some ideas for hot spots. Most bikes won't take much work, often only a chain lube and some tire patching. It's sad that bikes are likely stolen enough for this to be necessary but it would allow him to replace a bike should it go missing.

@SSG...I know of a couple hot spots out here and I will mention them to him...but these places, i believe, are closed now until spring...

@Mikesbikes36...thanks for the offer, but since i work 10hr shifts all week and my wife was hoping to present it to him on Sunday, we do not have much free time for the road trip.

This is what I'm looking for...a VERY simple looking bike. Nothing fancy or attractive. I don't want him to attract attention. At lease multiple speeds in case he needs to ride long distances. A plus if it has rear cages to carry items, but I have an old set I can put on. He seems somewhat familiar around bikes so I'm sure he can adjust parts to his liking. I'll buy a bike within the $10-$15 range as we do not have much cash in the first place. Walmart, Kmart, El Cheapo-mart models are ideal.

MarksA-C has offered to donate all of his free bikes to our ministry http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=44350 and I'm hoping to pick them up this Saturday. I will begin a private fund account which I will begin to add on little by little that will help with replacement parts, accessories, safety items...etc...for all the bikes I can collect and donate. I don't plan on selling, let alone profiting from, these bikes as I am reminded of Acts 20:35 remembering the words the Lord ..... himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

If you would like to donate a bike or two, I can pick up within reasonable distance from Milwaukee (20-30 miles). PM me if you are interested in donating funds.

Respect & Keep riding my friends...

This is a good cause; it will succeed because it is in service to The Lord.

“What so ever you do, to the least of my people, that, you do onto me.” – Words from The One greater than us all

Back