"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ONE of my favorites.
007-11.jpg

009-5.jpg

And this bike!
005-13.jpg

This one is now "ape less"!
023-1.jpg

I like this one too!
001-42.jpg

LocoJoe,

That green one must be one wild ride! My great uncle built a model T pickup with front wheels off-center like that, strapped a cowhide down over the hood and toured the rodeo circuit charging the yokels to try to stay on as he spun it round and round...

:)

heres my bikes with apes.
a 24 inch frame of unknown origine, a real Monarch springer, with 20 inch wheels, the rear wheel is a mag wheel that replaces spokes, made in the early 1970s.
bikes002.jpg

then my Phat Cycles Chopper, I bought at a police auction, as the auctioneer calls them " freshly stolen bikes"
bikes017.jpg

then there is my ladies favorite bike, a rat bike called the "Star Chief", a 61 Schwinn and some pieces she had around the house
star1.jpg

i love ape hangers....... always wanted them on my rides when i was a kid but i grew up in the era of BMX's and MTB's so no such luck.....
so if my builds can they will have apes and banana seats.......

Picture096.jpg

Picture120.jpg

100_0754.jpg

100_0196.jpg

P3210109.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Forgot one. "Siver Kween"........Sold the frame.

001-18.jpg

coolmanchu1.jpg

Made some quick mods to my Electra for a recent SJ bike party. My friend loaned the mini apes and sissy bar. I loaned him the bike for the party...but I road around with my Grand Master rising sun krate-thing. The route for the party was over 25 miles and part of it went through the Stanford campus. Bike Party!!!.. The Electra won't stay this way for long. I plan to give it a drag bike look. It's fun to ride the way it is though.
4551531229_4f391b6f60_o.jpg

4551530355_a7842b53e4_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back